Esperance Financial Counselling Service primarily targets families on low incomes, facing financial difficulties. This is a free holistic service assisting people to gain financial knowledge and control of their lives.
The service has run workshops such as 'Money Matters', a financial management workshop, including topics such as, understanding paperwork, goal setting, credit, debts and budgets.
The Financial Counsellor is trained to assist you with a Money Health Check. You can also complete one on line at www.moneysmart.gov.au
Financial Counselling can help you to:
- Learn different ways to spend and save money
- Prepare personal and family budgets
- Talk to creditors
- Negotiate payments/loans
- Reduce financial stress
- Choose options to reduce debts
- Make appropriate referrals
- Bankruptcy options
- Provide financial education
- Ensure you are receiving eligable rebates and subsidies
- Applications for No Interest Loan Scheme(NILS)
- Applications Step Up Loans
Who is eligible for Financial Counselling?
- Individuals and families
- Centrelink Income beneficiaries
- Low to mid- income earners
- Youth to aged persons
Escare is a member of the NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme) Network, and the local agency through which NILS operates. This scheme provides individuals and families on Centrelink benefits an opportunity to apply for an interest free (0%) loan. We can help you buy essential products and services under a range of categories including:
- Household Essentials - fridges, washing machines, furniture
- Health & Wellbeing - gophers, scooters, walking frames
- Services - dental work, car repairs, medical equipment
- Social Inclusion - school excursions or uniforms, tools of trade
- Energy Efficiency - solar panels, water tanks, insulation
Get more Information at www.wanils.asn.au
HUGS - Hardship Utility Grant Scheme
Having trouble paying your electricity, lines gas or owner/occupier water bills? At risk of being disconected? You may be able to get help from the Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS).
Individuals should contact their utility provider to discuss their situation or make an appointment with the Escare Financial Counsellor.
Get more information at Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme (HUGS)
Contacting our Financial Counsellors
If unavailable contact the Financial Counselling Hotline 1800 007 007